KeeFarce - A Tool To Hack KeePass Passwords.
According to KeePass, the databases are encrypted using the best and most secure encryption algorithms currently known (AES and Twofish). Sounds good but it doesn't seem so safe anymore. A tool called KeeFarce, is now available, to hack KeePass. KeeFarce allows for the extraction of KeePass 2.x password database information from memory. The cleartext information, including usernames, passwords, notes and URL's are dumped into a CSV file in %AppData%
How KeeFarce Works
Building & Executing KeeFarce
All the required files can be obtained from KeeFarce's GitHub Page.
To build the KeeFarce
- Install Visual Studio (Preferably VS 2015, As development has been done in that).
- Open the KeeFarce.sln with Visual Studio and hit 'build'.
- The result files can be found at dist/$architecture.
- Copy the KeeFarceDLL.dll files and Microsoft.Diagnostic.Runtime.dll files into the folder before executing, as these are architecture independent.
To execute KeeFarce on the target
- Make sure the following files are in the same folder:
- Copy these files across to the target and execute KeeFarce.exe
According to the author, KeeFarce has been tested on KeePass 2.28, 2.29 and 2.30 - running on Windows 8.1 - both 32 and 64 bit and should be working fine on Windows 7 Machines too.
Also Read: Free Zbigz Premium Account -January 2016 [No Survey]
Also Read How To Hack/Bypassing Android Password/Pattern/Face/PIN